clock day flash 2012 clock day flash 2012

Oh hey! I know that song!

But in all seriousness, this brought a tear to my eyes. Keep this shit up. 5/5

SirAlex responds:

I cried a record of 67 times making this.

Beaches and Shores Beaches and Shores

My god, I love this! Here I am, clapping like a retarded seal without any sound able to leave me.

This flash is much better than the quality I usually see on the frontpage. The animation was very, very pleasant, the plot was building very well, and the anticlimax got me off-guard, what doesn't really happen too often.

Art/Animation: 9/10
Really pleasant to watch. It's smooth, yet simplistic, yet advanced. The animation looks excellent and the bodies of both the women and the crab look natural. The body language is fantastic and the last image is also great.

Music/sound: 10/10
Fitted perfectly, sounds were excellent. 'Nuff said.

Story: 9/10
Great. It's short, but that did not matter. It got me and I insta-faved it.

All with all, you get a 10/10 and a 5/5 from me. Great job; keep it up!

Elfen Lied Teaser Elfen Lied Teaser

Well...? I'm waiting for the full thing!

Before I go into review details, I first want to say that Elfen Lied was one of the best manga I've ever read. The concept of the vector arms was original and most of the characters were great to have in the series.

The flashback part was well put in the middle of the story and I must say, you've animated that quite impressive:

Art/Animation: 8/10

No bullshit, you just animated the (emotionally) most brutal part and did a fine job at that. I disagree that it looks old, this looks just fine. The colors 'made sense' and the emotions were (fairly) well drawn. I'd like to mention, however that the movement of the... loose bodyparts and the blood were done a little unnatural. I'm not sure how hard it is to make that more realistic, but that's a slight reminder from me.

Music/Adio: 9/10
Not THAT bad quality and it fitted well. I would have liked some more music (at the silent parts, apart from the bloodshed you can make the music softer).

I'm not gonna review concept, since this is from another story and it's a teaser, so here's the total score:

Overall that makes an 8,5/10 rounded up to a 9/10 and a 4/5. Keep it up and please send me a PM with the link to the full version, because I'll definately forget to check... Sorry :P

mikuru15 responds:

wow, im impressed with the review, thankyou so much for understanding C:
thanx alot for the tips, it was really helpful

Scale of the Universe 2 Scale of the Universe 2

This gave me such an epic feeling...

I immediately clicked on "Scale of the Universe 2" when I saw it on 'Today's best'. I enjoyed part one very much, so this one couldn't disappoint.

It didn't.

As I did with part one, I first went to the smallest size, and noticed that there's info when you click on stuff(!). I loved that, I haven't read everything, but I will.

As for art: 9/10.
It looks amazing, the measurements are listed, the pictures are good and the quality is high. Truly amazing.

Music: 10/10.
Normally with games/gadgets I mute music after a while, but this music fitted perfectly. It sent me into a dreaming state and quite helped to inspire me to write this review, well chosen and well made by MacLeod.

Concept: 10/10
Awesome. Just awesome. As said before, the information was a great add and pretty... informative and also the occasional humor was indeed funny.

The only thing that bothered me for a while was the scrolling speed. For me at first it was too slow, but that really doesn't matter if you're planning on reading it all, luckily. Also, the fact that you can scroll with your mouse was pleasant.

Anyway, this game was instantly faved, voted 5 and voted 10/10. It isn't really something I do often, so congratulations.
Now excuse me, I'm going to read a bit further and be a smartass tomorrow at school.

Never Ending Level Game Never Ending Level Game

Currently at level 80...

And I love (I love this game) and hate it. So much. It's great to play this as a minigame, when I started to play this game I was awake for about 5 minutes and this snapped me out of my last sleepyness, I had to actually THINK to advance in this game.

Art: 6/10
Nothing special, it sufficed. I guess if you did put a lot of graphics into this, the file size would be insane, just as the time you put into this. Therefore I won't count this in my final score: it was inevitable.

Music: 8/10
Reading the review below me, the music mentioned in the Author & File Information, the song "Symphony of the Demon" will be used in the game, I'm looking forward to it. It's a very, very nice song.

Concept: 10/10
Love it. It's annoying, challenging and fun at the same time. I'll be trying to finish this game, which is a pretty rare thing for me. (I often quite with other things halfway through :\ ).

Great job, you get a 9/10 and so a 5/5 from me.

Feed Mr. Peterson Feed Mr. Peterson

Hm....

I clicked on random flash and certainly wasn't expecting this... It didn't disappoint though.

I've always been pretty bad in this kind of game, apparently it's called 'collapse' and it's pretty fun to play if you have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do. You've managed to create some originality, so this is worth reviewing, in m opinion.

Art: 8/10
Cute. The game looks like it can be played on a cell phone and I'd probably play it, if there's absolutely nothing to do.

Music: 3/10
My god, I'm sorry to say this, but it wasn't... fun to listen to. As mentioned below, this music belongs in an elevator. It's better to use music that fits the theme, but doesn't sound like lukewarm urine flowing out of my speakers (sorry for the reference, but I can get pretty picky when it comes to music).

But seriously, think about this: if you played totally different kinds of genres on this game, it could fit. This is a pretty flexible concept, which brings me to:

Concept: 7/10
It's nice of you to think of your cat that way, cats can be awesome, I know. Also, the author comments "Not "for" in the sense that I expect him to play it, but rather[...]" I was actually thinking of you two playing this when I played my first round.

Anyway, I think it's pretty unoriginal to come up with 'collapse', but you've given it a nice twist, also with combo-food 'n such.

Overall I'd give you excactly a 6/10 and a 3/5.
Good job.

Enjoy The Sound Enjoy The Sound

I really like how you built up everything. It really adds something to the tune. I would have done a few things differently. At the first time a metaphoric gear is shifted (1:33), I would have 'shifted gears' at about 1:27 with a smack of a drum (or something) and then let the bass, drums and other instruments roll in.

I also found it a tad disappointing that the instrument in the second gear (it sounds awesome, do note that) had the exact same melody as the violin in the beginning. I would have appreciated some more diversity.

The main melody sounds a bit odd at first, but I got used to it after a minute or so, sounded great after that. Also kudos on the kick drums. They sound great together with the background and the rest of the drum kit.

I'm still doubting whether I'm gonna download this, but it sounds like you're improving yet again. The last minute sounds fucking great as well, so good job.

Keep it up!

ForeverBound responds:

Thanks man and download it, u won't reget it ;)

Eternity Eternity

It's pretty good.

120bpm isn't much picked these days, except by most ambient artists, which is actually the genre I'd put this in, to be honest.
Then, I like the synths and background here, especially the background. It reminds me of my favorite ambient artist, Solar Fields. They also use similar effects and instruments.

I would change the lengths and starts of a lot of tones though, since your synth and your background don't seem in sync, or at least out of rhythm.

I have nothing against the flow of the audio. On the contrary, I actually love it. You use the kind of builds and drops that I like to hear in ambient. Well done at that.

Overall, I'd say a 6/10 (due to the chaotic sound) for the first half and a 8/10 for the second half.

You don't want to change any of the instruments, but I want you to take a good look at the timing of everything. It's hard to place it right, but with a good sense of music (if you can call it that), you can make it happen.

AppleJack responds:

I was having trouble choosing the genre for this, but now looking at your review, i guess it is ambient.

I also felt the timing through out the piece was a bit off, and i really didnt know what to do. Electronic music really does demand that every single beat and sound HAS to be in place, or else the piece would be screwed over, even a little bit, like in this piece.

I really enjoyed the synths in this piece as well, and i am hoping for the usage of them in the (possible) future compositions.

I guess i have to work on positioning the synths and notes better. this review is REALLY appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!

CrS - Dark Blizzard CrS - Dark Blizzard

I sure hope the build-up is a lot slower in the full version.

Ambient is not something I have heard from you ever before, and this tune proved that you can do a lot of interesting things with both Ambient and DnB.
I'm more experienced in listening to this genre, thus my review will go deep.

Everything started pretty normal for an Ambient song, though I found that after the first minute already that the song was building up way, way too fast and too steadily.
What I mean, is that you kept adding instrument after instrument in such a steady rhythm that everything risks to get boring.

I did like to hear that you've added a point of attention I wrote in a few reviews before this one (months back) that your audios now contain various melodies and patterns, all making the song more 'whole'

Then I would like to go into the whole 2:57-thing. The tempo was going slower, without me noticing (good job, I like being 'fooled' when it comes to music), then the laughter... then the sudden generic 'climax-drums'. I thought "Oh god, please no. Why would you do thi- Wait. This is... not bad...?"
It seriously isn't bad, but it doesn't fit. It doesn't fit at all.

I would like to say that most instruments were chosen well, though I'd like you to take a look at all of the instruments to see whether you truly want them in the full version.

What I suggest, if you're going to plan adding the DnB part, build up. Build up very, very slowly. Almost every point in my review comes to that.
What I also would like to see, if you're going to build up, is not to do it in a steady line, but make the tempo (not the bpm, more like the energy) go up and down, like the 'one step back, two steps forward'-principle.

Anyway, I hope to see it finished soon, I have high expectations.
3/5; 6/10

Also, listen to 'Solar fields - New Eden', 'Solar fields - Cruise' and 'Entheogenic - Love letters to the soul'. The first two are examples of very energetic ambient, the last one is an example of a perfect (imo) build up.

Beware though, the last song is 27 minutes long.

Chrausner responds:

Thanks for the review.

I'm foreign to Ambient, thus I don't know how it's actually done. I haven't really listened to many ambient tracks. I'll come back to this after I understand what ambient is about.

The D&B part is half-assed because the lags started kicking in, thus making me unwilling to focus on the build.

- CrS -

Tree at Dawn Tree at Dawn

Beautiful in its own simplicity

I must admit first, I'm a huge fan of using the color green in art, especially when it's in nature and thus am a bit biased, but nonetheless, almost nothing but praise. I really dig how the tree's almost a direct opposite of the lush and green grass, as if it's telling that it's going to pass away, together with the setting sun, while the rest of the world (grass) carries on.

That is, at least, what I'm seeing in this.

Now for the technical aspect, I must say that for ArtRage, it's pretty well done. I don't like the software much myself, but it is indeed hard to get good software.
Everything is great in the simpleness, but it also feels kind of empty, which is also a pro on the other hand.

Anyway, I'm satisfied and the 8/10 is well-deserved. Keep it up!

SamZee responds:

I'm honoured to receive such praise from you!
Actually, I didn't think much of it, it was just practice and it turned out to be a tree. But ssshh, I like your idea more :P.
Ow, you're familiar with the program? I don't really like the program either, but I'm planning to learn how to work around with Photoshop, and I've heard and seen quite some postiveness from that.
It is indeed a bit empty, maybe I could add more nature... Lets just put that in the 2.0 of this, I think I will continue this one ^^.
And thanks for the review!

T.A.R.D.I.S. - sketch-ish T.A.R.D.I.S. - sketch-ish

And again, the coloring is excellent. You should do this more often! The S also fits the Call Box surprisingly well... I also like the background a lot... Maybe a good idea to make the darker parts of "that previous upload on a painting for a friend of mine" It might look very good :3

Anyway, keep this up. The 10/10 is well deserved. I expect much more in the future, too!

SamZee responds:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I'm certainly gonna make more paintings to become better and better, so you'll definitely get to see more of this. Although I hope the quality will be as good as this, if not better, because right now that's still just guessing.
Ow, that's good, actually in the sketch I made the S first and then drew the Tardis around it, so that might explain why it fits so well :P..
That painting? Hmm, interesting suggestion.. I will look into it and see what I can do.. *feeel the tension*

Regular Show - Cereal Colored Regular Show - Cereal Colored

Oh? This is... really good. I mean REALLY good.

Not really a review here, but I had to give the average score here something solid. Well done mate.

123mine123 responds: